This is my first beauty-type post, so I apologise for how bad/awkward it may seem. The truth is, I don’t really wear a lot of make up. My usual every day look is just eyeliner to be honest. lately though I’ve been trying to ranch out; I bought my first MAC lipstick (although I picked a subtle colored one), I’ve tried liquid and gel eyeliners (not my cup of tea, I’ll just stick to my pencil) and I have three Urban Decay palettes which I do tend to use frequently when I’m in college, not so much during the summer though.
However, I do have my favourite skincare products that I do like to splurge on the way other girls would like to splurge on make up. Soap and Glory products are a must have for girls in my opinion. Not only do they all smell amazing, but they genuinely do what they say on the packaging! I’ve tried so many of their products over the last few years, so I’m going to list a few of my favourites that I always end up coming back to.
- Hand Food: As said on the tube, this product is a non-greasy hydrating hand cream. It contains shea butter, marshmallow and macadamia oil, and is scented with S&G’s Original Pink fragrance. I always make sure I have Hand Food right beside my bed and apply it every night before I go to sleep. You only need to use a little bit of it, and you can feel the difference after one use. It also comes in a handy travel size, which is great if you like to apply hand cream during the day because it’s small enough to fit in a bag.
- The Scrub of Your Life: This product is a body exfoliater. It claims to make your skin smoother, particularly getting at those annoying bumps on the back of your arms, dry skin and rough elbows. This body scrub really does work, it leaves my skin unbelievably smooth, and if you apply body butter/lotion after you use it it leaves your skin extremely soft. This product had scrubbing beads in it and also contains the Original Pink fragrance.
- Heel Genius: This is one of the best foot creams I’ve ever used. The product contains allantoin, glycerin, macadamia oil, menthol, bilberry, orange and lemon fruit acid smoothers, and believe me when I say you will not regret using this. It leaves your feet unbelievably soft, hydrated and smooth the day after using it. It says on the bottle to apply to your feet, put on cotton socks and let it soak in while you sleep. I like to apply it right after a shower, I feel that it soaks in better and leaves my feet a little bit softer.
- Peaches and Clean 3-in-1 Cleanser: Like I said earlier, I don’t really wear much make up, but on the few occasions that I do wear foundation this product ensures my face is squeaky clean and has no left-over make up on it before I go to sleep. This cleanser re-energises skin, is rich in antioxidants and vitamins A and C and contains a natural cleansing agent. When I use this and I apply toner to my face afterwards, not a single bit of make up comes off on the cotton ball, showing that the cleanser does its job. It smells fruity and comes in a handy bottle and doesn’t dry your face out at all.
- The Righteous Butter: I have tried many of the S&G body butter/lotions but I always end up coming back to this one. I apply this after a shower, and it leaves my skin smooth and hydrated. It works even better if you apply it after using Scrub of Your Life. This body butter contains aloe vera and shea butter and is scented with Original Pink. It’s great for people who suffer from dry skin, it’s my go to body butter!
So there you have it, my first beauty post. If you don’t think it’s too terrible I may end up doing a few more. I would definitely recommend Soap and Glory products to anyone who likes to pamper their skin – they may seem a little pricey but they always have offers on in Boots stores such as Buy 3 for the price of 2, which is good value in my opinion!